Update on my flippin' life
I haven't had much to say of late. There's a lot going on in my life right now... Kevin and I are in the beginning stages of planning our wedding, but between you, me, and Mr. Internet, part of me really wishes this thing would plan itself. Which it really sort of is, with all of Kevin's experience, knowledge, and connections. It's nice not to have to start from scratch to find a place, photographer, videographer, florist, etc. I feel really blessed that I'm not having to go to expensive bridal fairs to scope out unknown vendors, hoping that their product is quality and that they are reliable people. Some of the hardest things have already been figured out for me, and I didn't have to do a thing!
The part that I can't pass off to anyone else, though, is making the damn guest list. I'm having a really hard time because no matter what, feelings will be hurt. I hate that we can't just invite the people we love; rather we have to invite random significant others, family members, co-workers we don't really like so that we can have the co-workers we do like, etc. Also, it bothers me how many people from our parents' lives we're being asked to feed and liquor up. Many of these people have had little or no significance in my life, or Kevin's life. Part of me wants our parents to be surrounded by the people they love, the other part yells, "Hey, this is my day! Have your own damn party if you want to see these people!". I know it's selfish, but it really doesn't make sense to me. I see those spots as valuable, and I don't want to "waste" them on strangers or, worse yet, people I don't really like. I think I am just an old miser.
In other news, Kevin and I drove to Nevato yesterday to adopt the newest member of our family. Her name is Isabella, and she is a 10 week old Lab-Boxer mix. She's basically the cutest puppy ever. She really likes to pee on our bedroom carpet, which is really starting to get old, though. I had no idea how much work a puppy would be! Seriously. It's so hard. She attacks me every few minutes, biting my ankles, arms, hair, and, earlier this evening, my side. Then there is the constant peeing. And the devil-screaming, which is really scary. Right now, she's sleeping on the carpet and... really, it's hard not to love her. But still. This is really making me rethink the whole "human-baby" thing.
Alright, I hope this satisfies your need for an update. I heard from, like, two hundred of you, via e-mail, and I want you to know that this is for you, my fans. Keep it real.

1 Comments:
Is Isabella suffering from separation anxiety after her extended period of abandonment yesterday? I miss her.
Post a Comment
<< Home