an old abandoned church with broken pews and empty aisles

Friday, May 11, 2007

your mom went to college

As I write this, I am lying in bed listening to my Sounds of Nature sound machine that I bought at the Discovery Store. Which reminds me of this morning. Lately, I've been taking Kevin's nighttime allergy pills so that I can stop rubbing my nose like a crack fiend at night. As a result, I've been waking up very groggy. This morning, when my alarm when off, not only could I not figure out how to turn it off, but I also managed to find my sound machine and turn it on in the process. Apparently, I was pushing buttons right and left, all willy-nilly like. As the sound of monkeys and crickets and other shit filled the room, I scrambled to turn off my beloved sound machine. I remember muttering, "Oh, shit" before finding the "off" switch ohshitthisishardtotypedrunk and I finally managed to subdue the animal kingdom that was coming from my bedside table.

I decided to do some shots of tequila followed by Corona chasers when I got home from dinner tonight. Nothing like watching What Not to Wear plastered. It reminds me, vaguely, of the time Stephanie came home and found me wasted, watching my Punky Brewster DVD, with my hair in a tell-tale side ponytail that only Punky could appreciate.

Sometimes, it's fun to get loopy by yourself.

2 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that beggars can't be choosers, but I don't think this is the post we had in mind. Each time you mention that darn sound machine, I'm a little more freaked out.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I have Punky Brewster DVDs, also. The side pony is nothing short of PUNKY POWER.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home