an old abandoned church with broken pews and empty aisles

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Tonight I went to the Kings VS. Warriors game with Kevin and Nolan. We got to sit in a suite, which was a really cool way to experience my first basketball game. I had a beer and even a hotdog (that wasn't made of soy! What is the world coming to?!). Nolan and I walked/jogged the outside ring of the suites 3 (count 'em, 3!) times, and he was still sugar-highing it. There was a mean man behind us, and I almost asked him to step outside to fight, but then I got scared that he might go after Kevin, so I decided to bite my tongue and play nice. I've never actually had the urge to dump my beer on someone before, but I did tonight. Fortunately, I came to my senses - that would have been a real waste of a good beer :-/ When Nolan and I were making the rounds, I ran into a friend from high school whom I haven't seen since graduation, which was a nice surprise. Now I'm at home, and I'm looking at my flowers from Kevin and thinking about how unexpected life can be. I have no idea where I'll be a year from now, or even a month from now, but for the moment I am content.

8 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Ms. McGowan said...

I'm glad you're having a good time- you deserve it. Which friend did you run into? I showed my mom the picture of Nolan and Kevin and she approves:)

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Ms. McGowan said...

Have you started reading our book club book, yet? :)

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Ms. McGowan said...

I still check it:)

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Ms. McGowan said...

Dah dum. Dah dum.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Ms. McGowan said...

Thank you so much. I had a blast tonight. Tell Kevin that I'm drinking a half full glass of water. Love you! P.S. My fingers are numb as I type. Mmmm...Guiness.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Ms. McGowan said...

Did Red like our addition to the basket? Did I tell you that those were the liquor filled candies. Do not eat with medication?

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Ms. McGowan said...

Jessica likes my comments. She thinks it's funny that I talk to myself on her Blog.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Ha. She LOVED it. So did the kids, they all wanted to hit the pinata immediately. Liquor filled... shhhhooooot I should have kept those for myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home