First day of student teaching down - 20 something more to go!
I had no idea that a morning could pass so slowly. I actually found myself comparing the classroom to work, and deciding, suprisingly, that time actually seems to go faster in party land. Which is funny, because when I first started at my job, I couldn't believe how slowly time went by. Perhaps it's some sort of "being in a new place/uncomfortable/still being trained/no personal routine/no frame of reference" syndrome. I found myself with a tremendous headache at the end of the day, but, at the same time, I really liked being in the classroom. Kids are really... strange. And cool. And challenging. And sometimes, they're pretty hilarious. Half the time I just look at them and wonder what the hell they're thinking. And I try not to laugh at them, but they're so funny, with their huge feet and clumsy way of moving around. It's nice not to be the only awkward one :-D.
Tonight I went to see the Skeleton Key with Kirstin and some boys from London who are staying here to teach a soccer camp for the summer. The movie was really funny - I think it was supposed to be serious and scary (the latter of which it was, for me, at least), but there was also a lot of hilarity and cheesiness that ensued. My favorite line: "Looks like you broke my legs". Hahaha. The rest of the night was a flop - everywhere we went was dead. At least I figured out that I'm really not as into British boys as I imagined I would be - a very valuable lesson, indeed.
In other news... It's 2 AM and I'm wide awake with nothing to do. Hurrumph.

2 Comments:
I have found that I am also not into British boys, but I hope it's for different reasons from why you aren't.
Jessica,
I wish I could have seen you last weekend! Ah well, next time we shall meet up for lunch at Balzac, whadya say?
I'm glad that you seem to be doing well overall, and I am glad that kids are retarded because they amuse you that way. Werd up, yo.
Post a Comment
<< Home