an old abandoned church with broken pews and empty aisles

Monday, August 22, 2005

Ok, so here's a little update on life.

Tomorrow I meet my master teacher. For the next 14 weeks, I'll be working two days a week in a 4th grade classroom here in L-Town. I'm super excited, but I'm also nervous because I'm getting closer and closer to the prize, if you will. This is the real deal, ya'll, the real deal. I'm scared that I won't cut it. I'm scared that I've been working towards what I've always believed to be a calling, and I'm scared that I'll find out that this isn't where I'm supposed to be. I'm also really excited to learn; to begin putting together missing the missing pieces of a world that is still a bit of a mystery to me. I'm excited to put theory into practice. I'm excited to give my very best, to serve with a passion that I pray never leaves me.

Monday, I turn 23. Plans include Dave and Busters Saturday (Sherry, mark your calendar), and a little celebration at work Sunday. I'm turning 23 and I still live at home. I'm still months away from my teaching credential, and I have no idea how much car insurance and registration cost because my parents still take care of those for me. I miss college. I miss interacting with the art community. Blah blah blah. Where is my life going? What do I have to show for my age? Pretty soon I'll have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Haha.

Brad and I are going our separate ways, and it's really hard for me because I am, essentially, losing my best friend. The only thing that's helping me get through this time is the rage and disgust that I feel towards his behavior right now. Wanting to kick him in the baby-maker makes things a little easier :-D. That's all I have to say about that.

Hmmm... what else? I went to an A's game Friday with the crew from work, and it was a blast. I even made a strange man on BART laugh when I asked how much time was allotted for innings in baseball. I'm still not sure why, but everyone seemed to think it was the funniest thing they'd heard all day. Later, I shared my Nutter Butter Bites with some fellows sitting across from me. I love BART.

Really... there's a lot more, but this will have to do for now. I'm not used to being busy, and it seems like everyday I get further and further behind in returning calls, e-mails, and myspace messages. It just seems like I never stop going. I need a vacation like... Sherry needs Coke.

Off to bed. Tomorrow's an early day!



Yeah that's it.

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Ms. McGowan said...

Oh my. First of all, I laughed hard at the "I need a vacation like Sherry needs Coke" comment. For those of you who are wondering, that's
Diet Coca-Cola, not Cocaine:) I think you will be an excellent teacher. I just know that the first time you walk into your "own" classroom, you'll feel at home. Student teaching is awful, but such a valuable learning experience. It's so hard to be at someone elses's every whim.
Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home