an old abandoned church with broken pews and empty aisles

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Why I Need Rehab

I think I'm ready to admit that I have a problem. You see, a few months ago, I discovered that I could purchase products on amazon.com, often for much less than I could ever hope to purchase them elsewhere (especially if the item was used). So far, I have purchased some strange items, most of which I don't really need. For example, I recently purchased Shelley Duvall's Faerie Tale Theater collection on DVD. And, tonight, I placed an order for Fat Actress starring Kirstie Alley. Kevin purchased Father of the Pride, and I also found "Cry Baby", which served as his stepdad's Father's Day gift. Other items I have purchased of late include a Nolan Ryan poster on E-bay and the entire Words Their Way workbook series. Really, I think I have me one of them "shopping addictions", and I'm not really sure what to do about it. It's even worse when I go to Target. I have one season of Alf and two seasons of Punky Brewster on DVD. Please don't ask me how often I watch them. Just today I purchased a sportsbra - and I don't even work out. Really, all I could possibly use it for is aggressive napping. And don't even get me started on how much shit I've bought for my classroom - I've had to resort to hiding my goodies at Kevin's house so my parents will get off of my case.

In short, I have what appears to be a full-fledged shopping addiction. Please pray for me.

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Ms. McGowan said...

Join the club. I always come home with more clothes and decorations than my little apartment could EVER hold. Good thing I have a storage closet on the patio!

The Amazon "free shipping with a $25 purchase" always gets me. I keep adding to my cart. And, lately, they've put me on a trial for a preferred membership, so I get free 2-day shipping with ANY purchase. Oh man. You should think about teaching English. It helps to relieve some of the book guilt. I'm investing in my career, for God's sake.

Off to tutoring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home