i know it's a little early...
Why is it that so many people feel the need to store up all of their romantic endeavors for one predetermined day? It’s like, “Oh, it’s Valentine’s Day, I better get her some candy and flowers and maybe a teddy bear”. (Oh so original). I’m ticked off because, while talking to my ex, Brad, the subject of Valentine’s came up. He was venting about how he’s never had anyone to share the day with, and how he had all of these plans for things he would do if we were still dating. My response was “why did you feel like you could only do those things on one specific day? Why did it have to be February 14 for you to plan something special?” I guess my thinking was “it’s too bad you were only willing to be romantic on one given day, because now we’ve both missed out”. Does that make sense? I’m probably one of the least picky, least fussy girls when it comes to this thing called romance; yet I can’t help but think it’s ridiculous to save it all up for one stupid day. If I care about someone, I want them to know it year round. I think I would be more thrilled to be treated to a home-cooked meal on October 3rd or a handmade mixtape on January 9th than some obligatory flowers (which die) and a teddy bear (which will end up under my bed collecting dust) on the 14th of February. Apparently this point of view makes me a spoiled, selfish brat.
And that is why he's the ex. :-P

3 Comments:
dusty teddybears? wilted flowers?........uhhh......don't know where i was goign with that one sorry....
Ha. Niether do I. But thanks for the post :-P
I heartily agree with your sentiment & in fact just wrote something similar in my last post. Gestures of love mean so much more on random days, Valentine's day just makes it seem obligatory & sucks out everything special about it.
Post a Comment
<< Home