an old abandoned church with broken pews and empty aisles

Monday, February 08, 2010

thanks, Gavin, for opening my eyes

Perhaps it's the doom and gloom surrounding education; perhaps it's the fact that I'm sick (AGAIN); perhaps it's the exhausting coworkers. I have been in such a negative place and I just can't seem to shake it. Tonight, as I was driving home, Bush was playing on the radio. "If I had it all again, I'd change it all." Would I change it all? I would... definitely not. I started thinking about all of the things I'm grateful for, starting with a couple of huge life mistakes that almost were (please see #1 and #2). I would definitely not change items 1-3.

1. I'm thankful that I didn't marry Ben.
2. Or Brad, for that matter.
3. I'm thankful that I did marry Kevin :-).
4. I'm thankful that I don't have to look at a devil tattoo on my body each day.
5. I'm thankful for Daniel Dayton, for talking me out of said tattoo.
6. I'm thankful for seeing my friends Saturday, even though I was exhausted and grumpy from taking care of Nolan all day by myself. After being sent home the day before for tossing my cookies. Three times. I needed to remember that I actually like other human beings.
7. I'm thankful for Nolan, even though I'm not always as good at being a mom as I should be.
8. Even though I don't always love my job, I'm glad that I have one. And, even though it means that I'm by myself a lot, I'm glad that Kevin has one, too.
9. I'm thankful that I have such sweet students. I enjoy laughing with them. And... learning with them. I like that, too.




1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger sherry said...

I'm thankful for these things in your life, too. I'm also thankful for this reminder. Love you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home