an old abandoned church with broken pews and empty aisles

Sunday, February 27, 2005

the end of naps?

I can't sleep. I've been reading for a couple of hours now: a few articles on child development, a chapter from Guiding Readers, and the last of The View from Saturday (which was rather confusing, even for this 22 year old super-genius [ha, I put that in for you, Sherry]. It left me wondering how a 6th grader would respond to such unconventional stylistic choices in conjunction with a million interconnected mini-plots. Maybe I'll find one and make him/her read it...). As a result of my assorted reading selections, I have lots of random, somewhat disconnected information floating around in my head. It's not pretty, and I'm not tired. I keep kicking at my sheets and flopping around like an Olive Oyl-esk beached whale. I know, totally hot. Anyway, normally I would just occupy myself with enjoyable activities; staying up until I was good and ready to go to bed. Maybe some SpellBound or Snood, or maybe some more reading, or maybe, just maybe, stimulating conversations via the internet. Yet, sadly, no one of interest is on. Where is everyone? Apparently, people "go out" on Saturday nights. Apparently, people "have lives". Apparently I'm fond of "air quotes".


Let’s give this sleep thing one more try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home